7.25.2005

Ahem...

Yeah, so... remember that little pre-marriage retreat D and I were supposed to go to this past weekend? D gets home on Friday and we immediately shoot each other a look that says "This. Is. Going. To. Suck." But we pack up and drive across town anyway. The entire time D is whining about how he doesn't feel good (yeah, right!) and in my head I am telling myself that if the place gives me a bad feeling when we get there we can turn around and go home. I didn't say that out loud because I didn't want to get D's hopes up. I ended up calling it off after nearly an hour in traffic. We just kept driving. We could have gone anywhere, but of course we ended up at the mall AGAIN for the third Friday night in a row. I hate the mall. Anyway, I was glad that we didn't go because I got 2 days with D... it was awesome. And just spending time together doing whatever we wanted was much more theraputic than any weekend retreat ever could've been.

4 Comments:

At 2:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, being that the pre-marriage retreat was required...will the priest still marry you?

 
At 2:38 PM, Blogger Sara said...

I'm really not sure. It's hard for D to get Saturdays off since he started this new job, so I honestly don't know if this is going to be a problem or not. I guess I'll know soon enough when the church finds out we didn't attend the retreat. If we have too we can always reschedule, but that's only if we HAVE TO. I don't know where to draw the line between doing something just to make things easier for some of my family members and standing up for myself... why should we have to do something neither of us particularly believe in just to get married to my grandparents specifications, ya know?

 
At 2:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel for you. It's hard to know where to draw the line especially when it comes to family. Have you shared with your grandparents your feelings and beliefs? Just remember, it's your life and you can't take back regrets. You are in my thoughts. :) P.S. Please keep the blogs coming. I sure enjoy them!

 
At 2:50 PM, Blogger Sara said...

I have a reader! Holy crap! Haha, thanks. You made my day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page