1.21.2007

Sunday

See my new profile picture on blogger? That's EXACTLY how I glare at Drew when he farts in bed. So, now you know. In case you were wondering. I am practically incapable of smiling in pictures. They always always always come out looking fake, my nose somehow morphs into a smaller version of Jerry Springer's with the upturn of my mouth, the smile seems stale and forced and stiff. So, I hardly ever smile in photos, and that's why. In case you were wondering. Self esteem? Oh self esteem? Where have you gone? I also rarely smiled (or talked, for that matter) in high school, and became known to some as the quiet girl with black hair who never smiled. One girl that was in my 9th grade english class was convinced that I hated her, that I wanted to "beat her ass". When we actually talked to each other we became immediate best friends. She learned that I was as harmless as a knat despite my combat boots, severely dyed blue-black hair and pale complexion, that I was instead filled with teenage angst and confusion and low-self esteem and Nirvana lyrics. But I digress...

Where the hell did that come from? Anyway! My favorite breakfast-o-the-moment is 1 c. 1% cottage cheese mixed with 1 c. blueberries, 7 grams macadamia nuts (crushed) and 2 packets of Splenda. Something about those buttery, crunchy little nuts sends me over the top. They're almost magical. I got the idea from Skwigg. Whenever I'm in a food rut I consult her What I Eat page for new ideas. She's a genius, and I recently emailed her practically begging her to write a book. I fell in love with her blog after I learned that she was anorexic (like me) and then went through a resulting rebound weight gain phase (like me). And look at her now! She is my inspiration. But, I swear I'm not a stalker.

It's raining buckets here and coooold. Well, cold to us. It'd be like summer to some of you Northerners. I did KickMax this morning, ate my nut-licious berry breakfast and now I think I'll spend the rest of the day folding laundry, chasing a toddler around the house and watching movies. Enjoy your Sunday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page