1.17.2007

Wednesday

Ethan must be cutting another tooth, that's the only reasonable explanation for his totally outrageous behavior. If I so much as blink it causes a meltdown that looks something like a cross between a fish flailing about out of water and the dance scene from Napolean Dynamite. He's got to be getting another tooth. I can only bare this insanity if I know there is an end to it at some point. Yesterday I actually said out loud: I can't wait until he's older so we can just tell him to please go play in his room. And before that I remember sputtering something along the lines of: I never thought I'd actually look forward to putting him to bed so I don't have to deal with him anymore. And: Perhaps we can sell him on the street corner for a penny, or even pay someone to take him? And then of course I felt horrible and fed him cookies for dinner. (Ok, I wanted to feed his picky ass cookies for dinner, but I refrained. Instead I ate 2 cookies myself. All better.) Anyway, his mildly unpleasant demeanor (read: cute, soft, warm baby goodness studded with great displeasure and served with a side of pain in my ass) makes me want to go back to work, like, now. I don't care what the job is, let me wash your damn dishes while someone else deals with this madness. Ethan gets Tantrum of the Year award hands down, I don't care what your own kid is doing.

Speaking of jobs, the interview I went for on Monday was with a recruiting agency that deemed me "very placeable", and they were oddly impressed with the scores on all of my assessment tests (particularly the logic test, ha, hahaha, hahahahaha) (I hope they don't read blogs). They called me several months ago way before I was ready to go back to work after having found my resume online. I figure it certainly can't hurt to have them on my side while looking for a job, and they have a couple of really great positions that I am crossing my fingers for. We shall see. I'm confident that I'll find something great when the time is right.

I've been doing a kickboxing workout every Sunday morning called KickMax. I absolutely love it! It's a nice change from stepping and leaves me exhausted, red-faced and drenched in sweat. The workout begins with a thorough warmup, easing you into the kicks, punches, lunges and knee smashes. Then she teaches you 4 punch/kick combinations that are really challenging but lots of fun. After that are 10 intensity drills with brief recovery in between, and then a series of standing leg conditioning drills that help improve your kicking range of motion and endurance. The entire dvd is something like 70 minutes long, and I do it on Sunday to feel better about all the wine and chocolate I usually consume the night before. Heh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page