1.10.2007

Reconnected

Once the Internet was back up yesterday I frantically plowed through all my favorite blogs and sites to see what I'd missed the last few days. I have a handful of blogs that are as necessary to starting my day as a cup of coffee, and I'm always a little disappointed when they go a few days without posting anything new. It seems that when the Internet was down for us, all my fave-o bloggers went post-crazy. I spent the afternoon catching up and sorting through my email. Cramming my daily dose into one long afternoon session after going several days without was EXACTLY THE SAME as going without chocolate for several months and then eating one of those giant Hershey's kisses people give at Christmas in one sitting. Not that I've, uh, ever done that before or anything. Because that would be, uh, gross. ::cough::

If anyone is wondering, I've been sticking to my training and nutrition per plan, so things are great on that end. I'd planned a cardio workout for this morning, but because I did Pure Strength Strong Legs & Abs last night and am sore, sore, sore this morning, I'll do it tomorrow morning instead. Tonight will be PS Chest, Shoulders & Triceps. I'm finding that I actually really enjoy working out at night. I've always been a GET IT OVER WITH FIRST THING kind of girl, but lifting at night means that I have energy from the day's eats and am actually awake, so I'm able to lift more. My birthday is coming up and I fully intend to create a birthday list that consists mainly of new workout dvds and exercise gear, because I actually get excited about that stuff. I'll also ask for a dust buster, a new blender and maybe even a scale. Maybe. Um, these things aren't signs that one is getting older, are they? Just an indicator that someone is health-conscious and enjoys working out, right? RIGHT? Right. Good. Ok then. Good.

Ethan continues to BLOW MY MIND each and every day. He now recognizes things like trees and ducks when I read to him, and he'll jump ahead of me and point to the yellow duck on the page and say "Du-K, Du-K". He tries to sing along with his favorite songs on t.v., namely the Hot Diggety Dog song from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Dance Around from the Ralph's World album. (Clap your hands clap your hands clap your hands... stamp your feet stamp your feet stamp your feet. Dance around, dance around the room dance aroooound, dance around the room...) (Not at all annoying, never gets old, brings a toothy grin to my face each and every time I hear it!) (I am only lying a little bit.) (If it brings Ethan joy, it's alright with me.) (Should it not be stomp your feet? Stamp your feet? Do you stamp them or stomp them? Anyone?)

Little Mr. McPooper Pants is slowly moving Mama down from the #1 spot on the list in his heart and replacing it with Dada. He now only occasionally wiggles from his dad's arms to reach for me, and he goes around the house all day long saying Dada, Dada, Dada. If he hears Drew coming to the door after work, he'll scream "Dada!!!" and kick his legs and go crazy with excitement. I knew this would happen eventually, but honestly I expected to be more heartbroken. Watching Drew and Ethan play together is the most awesome feeling. D is such a good father, he's always so excited to show Ethan new things and talks often about how he can't wait to show him how to play catch, to take him out to lunch on a Saturday afternoon for guy time and eventually take him to his first strip club. (Kidding, though I'm sure that's on his to-do list.) (I'm sure it's on Ethan's to-do list, too.) Anyway, after having Ethan cling to my ankles for the last several months and not being able to pee without him having a meltdown, this shift in favorites is a welcome relief. My bladder is quite pleased as well.

1 Comments:

At 9:21 AM, Blogger cary said...

Stamp your feet only if you intend to mail them somewhere!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page