12.30.2006

Farewell 2006!

Last night for dinner I made THE MOST PERFECT egg white omelet in one of our new skillets, complete with a side of mixed veggies and a sweet potato sprinkled with a packet of Splenda and cinnamon. My omelet was perfect and round and golden, as beautiful as an omelet could possibly be. I think we should all take a moment here and give the incredible edible egg the respect it deserves.

Oh versatile and delicious egg, thank you for your protein-y goodness.

::

So, Sundry has a list of questions on her site that I am going to steal and answer on my own blog because I am both bored and highly unoriginal. Here goes:

1. What did you do in 2006 that you’d never done before? Gave birth to a youngin'. And that ain't no walk in the park, y'all. (A moment of silence for my mother, who did that 6 times.) Edit: Uh, I did NOT give birth in 2006, it was Dec. 27, 2005! What the? See, motherhood makes you LOSE YOUR FUCKING MIND! Ok, so in 2006 I cared for a newborn, one that I created... never done that before!

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I honestly can't remember what last year's resolutions were, or if I even had any at all. This year I resolve to clean up my potty mouth and I would very much like to learn how to sip my alcoholic beverages instead of guzzling them like a frat boy.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Other than myself, nope.

4. Did anyone close to you die? No. A few people that I knew, but noone that I was especially close to.

5. What countries did you visit? I can hardly get out for a movie, much less another country. Maybe next year!?

6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006? A paying job!

7. What dates from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? September 23, when D and I celebrated our first complete year of marriage. Also, Ethan's 1st birthday.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Somehow managing to adjust to having a newborn baby and moving away from my family and friends to another state. In other words: coping with life changes without losing my head.

9. What was your biggest failure? I wouldn't call anything a failure, but I sure underestimated what life is capable of throwing at you. 2006 was my year of digging deep for strength; now I am confident and ready to grab 2007 by the balls!

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? This time last year and into 2006 I was recovering from a third degree tear from birthing our son. I will never forget that pain, and I think I still might buy this shirt.

11. What was the best thing you bought? I'm starting to dislike these questions because I feel like I'm taking some sort of test and am failing miserably. I got most excited when we bought Ethan's puma sneakers. I'm serious.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Ethan's! Watching him grow and change every day of his life is reason enough to celebrate for me. Wine for everyone!

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? A little man by the name of George W. Bush(wacker). And... learning more and more about global warming late this year made me appalled and depressed at our behavior and lack of willingness to make the changes necessary to start saving our planet. Did anyone else catch Last Days On Earth on the History channel last night?

14. Where did most of your money go? Straight to bills and living expenses. We made it! Also: DIAPERS.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Ethan's first Christmas and birthday. And any time I got to see my family!

16. What song will always remind you of 2006? How To Save A Life by The Fray

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? 
b) thinner or fatter? 
c) richer or poorer? a)happier! b)thinner! c)richer!

18. What do you wish you’d done more of? I coulda-shoulda laughed at life more than I did.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of? I coulda-shoulda done less bitching and LESS DRINKING.

20. How will you be spending Christmas? Well... are these questions expired? I spent Christmas at my mother's house in Texas with Drew and Ethan. It was fabulous!

21. Did you fall in love in 2006? I fell in love with Drew and Ethan over and over again. How corny am I? But it's true!

22. How many one-night stands? None, except for that one time my husband and I were playing make-believe. I make an excellent hooker! (Kidding.) (Why aren't you laughing?)

23. What was your favorite TV program? Grey's Anatomy.

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? No!

25. What was the best book you read? Which Brings Me To You by Julianna Baggott & Steve Almond.

26. What was your greatest musical discovery? I don't think Baby Einstein counts, does it?

27. What did you want and get? I wanted to make it in Louisiana and be happy. Done!

28. What did you want and not get? I wanted some new Nike's and a heavy-duty blender. Also, an ipod. Whoa, my list is longer than I thought.

29. What was your favorite film of this year? Considering that I only got out for 2 (count 'em, TWO) movies this year, I'd have to say it was a tie between Capote and Jackass 2. Heh.

30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I went out to eat with one of my favorite people in the whole world, Megan. I turned 26.

31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Having a girlfriend or two here in Louisiana. A couple of nights out with some other new-ish moms would have done wonders for my sanity.

32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006? In the first half of the year I was lucky to get out of my spit-up crusted sweat pants and run a brush through my mop. And I'm pretty sure I spent the entire last half of the year in either my American Eagle jeans or one of my little denim skirts. Also, t-shirts and flip flops. Am low maintenance. Less is more.

33. What kept you sane? My mom. My poor, poor mom. Thank you for picking up the phone every 5 seconds!

34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? I would like to take this opportunity to show my love for Britney. Cut the girl some slack, y'all! I live in Louisiana and we ALL drive with our kids in our lap, it's practically state law here. Gawd.

35. What political issue stirred you the most? Global warming isn't being treated as a major political issue but it certainly should be. I feel like we're all turning our heads the other way and letting things go to total shit when it doesn't have to be that way. We are our own worst enemy in that sense, and we should be ashamed of ourselves.

36. Who did you miss? My friends and family in Texas. Also, a handful of co-workers from my last job.

37. Who was the best new person you met? Justin! My youngest sister's new boyfriend is awesome. I'm happy she got a good one. He's a very lucky guy. :)

38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006. Laughter makes everything better, and it's quite possible to find humor in everything. Even poopy diaper explosions.

39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. Honestly? Ahem...

Ooooooooooh....Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?
Spongebob Squarepants!
Absorbant and yellow and pourous is he!
Spongebob Squarepants!
If nautical nonsense be something you wish,
Spongebob Squarepants!
Then drop on the deck and flop like a fish!
Spongebob Squarepants!
Spongebob Squarepants, Spongebob Squarepants,Spongebob Squarepants,Spongebob Squarepants!

Happy New Year everyone!

2 Comments:

At 4:25 PM, Blogger Kek said...

Sounds like a truly great year to me....hope 2007 is even better!

XOXO

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger That Chick Over There said...

Good list! I love the Spongebob.

Patrick is my favorite though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page