1.01.2007

1.1.2007

Last night I sent 2006 out with a bang by stuffing my maw with forkful after forkful of the kajillion different kinds of delicious food my mother-in-law and her family prepared. Cabbage rolls, black eyed peas, taco rolls, sausage queso, mini-éclairs, cheese & crackers and a few glasses of wine, among other things. Oh, and a diet soda to balance it all out. We shot off fire crackers, ate, drank and talked about everything that happened in 2006. It was good times, but by 9:30 I was slowly starting to fade away. We decided to pack up our sleeping baby and head home at around 10:30, and I promptly snuggled into bed after tucking Ethan into his crib. D nudged me awake 15 seconds before the ball dropped, and I drifted off to sleep moments after the clock struck midnight. 2 years ago I would've felt like a loser, like an old partied-out wench, but I am quite content with how the night turned out. Considering that last year we slept through everything and hardly even acknowledged that it was New Year's Eve because Ethan was only a few days old, I'd say we are making progress. Maybe next year we'll go to a full-fledged party, or something. At this point the couch and a bottle of champagne between the two of us is equally inviting, and if that's a sign of maturity then bring it on. I think I'm actually starting to be ok with getting older. I might even like it a little. But just a little.

Today I have been goinggoinggoing nonstop. I woke up at 7:15 and did some hardcore intervals on the step. I kept my promise to myself and was not hung over in the slightest, just a little tired if anything. After that came the cleaning and mopping and organizing our closet, doing all of those little things that you know you need to do but silently tuck into the back of your mind until you just can't stand it anymore. It feels goooooood to have it all done. I also watched the Pure Strength series that I'll be starting tomorrow. Holy hell! I'm excited and a little nervous. Tomorrow I'll be doing the Legs & Abs workout, which consists of lunges every which way, plie squats, hover squats, step ups, regular squats, calf raises and a bunch of floorwork exercises using the step and a body bar. In other words, remove your leg at the hip, find the nearest heavy object and beat the hell out of both your limbs until you simply can't stand it anymore. I'll give a little mini-review of the workout after I do it tomorrow.

Today I'm feeling unusually optimistic, motivated, confident, determined and just plain happy. A fine way to start off the new year for sure! Hopefully this glass-half-full mentality will linger on. Life is just so short, so precious, and so often wasted. I'm not going to let another moment slip by me unnoticed.

(Ok, I'm starting to nauseate myself a little here. Just because I'm happy doesn't mean I'll start shitting rainbows or anything. I'm sure my next post will be about how the sky fell on my head and will request that a kind stranger come kill me in my sleep. But until then, all smiles!)

Oh, and I took out my tongue ring last night. I am now piercing-free (except for my ears, which doesn't really count). It was just... time, I guess.

Gah, I really am getting old.

1 Comments:

At 6:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

NOT THE TONGUE RING!

My ex actually stole mine years and years ago and I still miss it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page