9.21.2006

Ethan's new "thing" is magazine eating. He'll snack on books too, but magazines are his favorite. He seems to prefer Maxim and FHM to Parents and Self, which, duh.

Once a magazine is in site, he'll drop whatever he's doing and will stop at nothing to get to it's deliciously glossy pages. Naturally he tends to go for the issues I haven't read yet, and once he has his paws on one he shows no mercy. He rips it to shreds, tearing at it with his hands and teeth like a savage animal. (Heh, SAVAGE ANIMAL!) And...

...he swallows. The paper. Not in the 'oh I'm a baby I put everything in my mouth because I don't know what it is' way. It's more like 'this issue of Spin is especially good. I will eat until nothing is left. Now get in my belly!'. I really feel like he gets kind of bummed when I take him off the floor and put him in his highchair for actual food. He'll unenthusiastically munch on his cheese or fruit or cereal while eyeing the stack of magazines on the kitchen table, his gut burning with desire.

I'm sure he'll grow out of this. It's just a phase. And of course it could always be worse! Hey, maybe he's just got a healthy appetite for good journalism. And pictures of hot chicks.

1 Comments:

At 11:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My guy is a couple weeks younger than Ethan and he too is an avid magazine eater. Lately we've been giving him junk mail and that seems to suffice. And can you tell me how it makes sense that I don't put magazines in my compost pile because of the cadium content...but I'll let my precious baby eat the pages?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page