8.23.2006

Once Upon a Pillow...

Last night I could not sleep. Between the tossing and turning, the unusual lumpiness of both my pillow and the mattress, the disturbing need to be both naked and clothed at the same time in order to be comfortable, the feeling of too-hot and then, seconds later, too-cold, and the dog demanding to snuggle into the most unpleasant of places, I seriously considered just staying up all night. After a few hours, when I finally found a semi-acceptable sleeping position, Drew began to snore. Loudly. I couldn't ignore it. I elbowed him in the ribs.

ME: "Hey, babe... Drew. DREW!"
HIM, still asleep: "Hmm?!? Wha?"
ME: "You're snoring. Sorry, but you are."
HIM: "Nu uh, I'm not. Those are my 'i love you' noises."

This is one of the sweetest and sickeningly cutest things Drew has ever said to me, and he wasn't even awake. I married the right man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page